The Harassment Adviser Network provides information and support on areas relating to sexual violence, bullying and harassment. Harassment Advisers are able to offer impartial and confidential guidance on the range of options and support available and will take a sympathetic and neutral approach to all concerns which are raised.
When a student books an appointment through the Harassment Adviser appointment form they can expect to receive a response within four working days. The Head of Diversity & Inclusion will send the information provided in the form to the network and a Harassment Adviser will then contact the student. The student is then invited to a 45-minute appointment with an adviser. This can be in person, at one of King’s campuses, or over the phone. If the student has access requirements they should let the Harassment Adviser know when the appointment is booked.
What students can expect from Harassment Advisers:
- To arrange an appointment for a student within four working days.
- To provide a confidential service, which means not sharing information about a student’s case with anyone outside of the network without their permission. For more information, see the Confidentiality Statement.
- To not act on a student’s behalf but support them to take action themselves.
What we ask of students:
- To be patient when corresponding with their Harassment Adviser, who will be managing this role voluntarily alongside their university staff duties.
- To confirm their appointment within a reasonable amount of time after they have been contacted by a harassment Adviser.
- To attend their appointments at their agreed time, or to let the Harassment Adviser know in advance if they need to cancel or change the meeting time.
If you would like to book an appointment with a Harassment Adviser, please familiarise yourself with the way in which we work and our service policies. The Harassment Adviser Network Service Agreement outlines what you can expect from us, and what we ask from you as a user of our service. When using the service, it should be understood that you are entering into this agreement.
Click here to book an appointment.